Directions0/0 steps made
- Place the chicken leg quarters in a large pot, and fill with enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 40 minutes.
- Remove the legs and allow to cool. Strain and return the cooking liquid to the pot. Once the legs have cooled. Remove and discard the skin and bones; chop the meat, and set aside.
- Stir the brown rice into the reserved chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Drain off any excess liquid, and add the rice to the bowl with the chicken.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add the ground beef. Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly and no longer pink, about 7 minutes.
- Pour off any excess grease, and place the beef into the bowl. Stir in the oats, spinach, broccoli.kidney beans, carrots, garlic, cottage cheese, and olive oil.
- Store the dog food in resealable containers in the freezer.
- Thaw the daily portions overnight in the refrigerator.