Directions0/0 steps made
- Cut away all of the fat. Using kitchen shears, cut the breasts in half longways
- Lay the pieces on wax paper and lightly pound with a meat tenderizer. You can use a rolling pin but I like how the meat tenderizer pierces the meat allowing the seasonings to seep into the meat while drying.
- Place the pounded pieces in a medium size bowl and add the seasonings. Over time I have learned these are Kirby’s favorite combo for his chicken chompers but you can use any combination of dog safe herbs your dog may prefer.
- Using your hands, toss the chicken to thoroughly coat with the seasonings.
- Place the chicken in the dehydrator on wax paper to avoid sticking.
- Let dry on high until the top side has dried to the touch, roughly an hour.
- Turn pieces over and discard the wax paper. Let them dehydrate until thoroughly dried which will take several hours. I like to start these early Saturday morning so they are ready by Sunday.
- take a very long time but it’s healthy protein with no worry of recalls.
- When done you can store them in an air tight container in a dark, cool place. They can be frozen for several months but Kirby and our foster usually finish them off in about a week.
- Thaw chicken then rinse well under cool water.