Dogs need large amounts of protein to keep them healthy and active. Your pup should get the majority of his protein from whole meat sources, such as fresh chicken. Beans also have a good amount of protein.
This recipe blends chicken, beans, and vegetables to create a healthy and tasty mix.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Remove the excess fat and dice the chicken breasts into nickel-sized pieces.
- Cook the chicken breasts in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Add the chicken, beans, carrots, tomato paste, and chicken broth into a large pot and cook over medium heat until heated through – about 10 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool before serving.
- Store leftover chili in the fridge for up to five days.
Pro Tip: You can add a 1/2 tablespoon of fish oil to this recipe. The flavors are strong enough that even picky eaters won’t notice the added healthy ingredient.