Directions0/0 steps made
- Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet or dutch oven. Drain the excess fat and transfer back to the dutch oven or a stockpot.
- The next part is super easy – just some open cans! Here’s where you can easily make changes. Don’t like a particular bean, choose another. Next time I’ll probably swap out the second can of pinto beans for black beans. Want it a little hotter, use tomatoes with jalapenos. I did rinse my beans to remove some of the starch and I added some beer to replace the lost liquid and give it a robust flavor. Don’t want to use beer? Consider beef broth, V8 juice or just plain water.
- Simmer covered over low heat for a couple of hours. You can also cook this in a large slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours. The aroma will have you taking random taste tests!
- When it’s ready place some corn chips for crunch or corn bread in each bowl and ladle the soup over them.
- over them. Serve with an assortment of toppings to choose from for individual tastes.